Let’s have some fun. God allows that, you know, even in the church. I believe God wants us to take time every day to laugh at the silly things in life. “A cheerful heart is good medicine….” Proverbs 17:22 says.
Here’s some church humor to ponder. Nothing serious here, just fun. These are actual misprints found in church bulletins, passed along to me and collected over time. Read closely & you’ll get a chuckle.
- The 2001 Spring Council retreat will be hell May 10 & 11.
- Pastor is on vacation. Massages can be given to church secretary.
- The ladies of the church have cast-off clothing of every kind & they may be seen in the church basement Friday.
- Don’t let worry kill you. Let the Church help.
- The associate minister unveiled the church’s new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday: “I Upped My Pledge – Now Up Yours”
- A new loudspeaker system has been installed in the church. It was given by one of our members in honor of his wife.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be “What is Hell?” Come early and listen to our choir practice.
- The choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.
- The Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.
- Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.
- Due to the Rector’s illness, Wednesday’s healing services will be discontinued until further notice.
- The Rev. Merriwether spoke briefly, much to the delight of the audience.
- Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors, is having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Nelson’s sermons.
- During the absence of our pastor, we enjoyed the rare privilege of hearing a good sermon when J.F. Stubbs supplied our pulpit.
- The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare’s Hamlet in the church basement on Friday at 7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
- Applications are now being accepted for 2 year-old nursery workers.
- Diana and Don request your presents at their wedding.
- Irving Beltson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24th in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
- The concert held in Fellowship Hall was a great success. Special thanks are due to the minister’s daughter, who labored the whole evening at the piano, which as usual fell upon her.
- The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church.
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
- Announcement in the church bulletin for a National PRAYER & FASTING conference: “The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer conference includes meals.”
- The church will host an evening of fine dining, superb entertainment, and gracious hostility.
Grace & peace of Christ,